A webinar about improving access to farmers' markets in California
Using a framework grounded in policy, systems and environmental change (PSE) strategies, presenters discussed four steps for improving access to farmers' markets for low-income communities.
- Step 1: Engage with community partners to identify opportunities and champions.
- Step 2: Assess information about your local community so that your farmers' market strategies fit local needs, and how to identify markets that are located in locations eligible for SNAP interventions.
- Step 3: Develop and implement strategies to enhance access, featuring a profile of the Pacific Coast Farmers' Market Association, and resources available from the Network for a Healthy California.
- Step 4: Ensure local policies, like general plans and zoning, maximize benefits.
- Heather Wooten, Senior Planner, ChangeLab Solutions
- Allen Moy, Director of Community Based Programs, Pacific Coast Farmers Market Association
- Rosanne Stephenson, Program Development Section, Network for a Healthy California