California Childcare Settings
A webinar on the child care nutrition and physical activity environments
This webinar provides an overview of the framework that governs childcare settings and how communities can use this framework as well as other policy, systems and environmental (PSE) strategies to encourage physical activity and promote good nutrition in childcare settings. A long-time childcare provider also shares her experience of working to improve the nutritional environment in childcare settings. Speakers
- Sabrina Adler, Staff Attorney at ChangeLab Solutions
- Elyse Homel Vitale, Nutrition Policy Advocate at California Food Policy Advocates
- Nancy Wyatt, Childcare Provider
- Nutrition and Wellness Tips for Young Children: Provider Handbook for the Child and Adult Care Program by the U.S.D.A.
- 5 Keys to Raising a Healthy Happy Eater in Child Care by Choices for Children (CFC) for Santa Clara County Child Care Providers and Center staff
- Healthy Beverages in Child Care Settings by California Food Policy Advocates
- Rethink Your Drink campaign by Network for a Healthy California
- Keeping Children Healthy in California's Child Care Environments
- Best Practices for Child Care Nutrition and Physical Activity Environments: A Guide for Self-Assessment and Policy Development by Network for a Healthy California and Contra Costa Child Care Council
- SNAP-ED Interventions: A Toolkit for States Strategies for Evidence-Based Policy and Environmental Change Interventions in Child Care, School, Community, and Family Settings by U.S.D.A.
- Incoporating MyPlate into the Child Care Classroom presentation by the National Food Service Management Institute
Presented in partnership with Network for a Healthy California