Is your community ready to implement Vision Zero, a strategy to help eliminate traffic fatalities and severe injuries while increasing safe, equitable mobility for all? We’re here to help.
ChangeLab Solutions has released a new model policy and an implementation toolkit to support local government staff and community advocates in achieving their Vision Zero goals. The process is defined by meaningful, ongoing community engagement and data-driven decision making to ensure equity, transparency, and accountability in the policymaking process.
These equity-focused resources offer sample language and guidance on the following topics:
- Community engagement strategies
- Data collection and analysis
- Task forces and advisory groups
- Key elements of an action plan
- Equitable enforcement
- How the legal issue of preemption might affect Vision Zero policies
Have you applied for an SS4A grant? These resources can help guide the development of your funded proposals.