What Is Urban Agriculture?
Urban agriculture plans & policies in California
Urban agriculture – including home gardens, community gardens, and urban farms – can help improve residents' access to fresh fruits and vegetables, physical activity, and educational and entrepreneurial opportunities.
On this webinar, we:
- Discuss different models for urban agriculture initiatives
- Learn about unlikely partnerships that brought a garden to life in Tehama County
- Look to public property as a way to increase access to land for urban agriculture
- Discover a garden that travels to the community, and
- Share examples of local policies that can protect and enhance urban agriculture.