How can we empower the public health workforce amid the current climate of challenges to public health authority?
On Tuesday, May 30, at 11am PT / 2pm ET, join our webinar Protecting Public Health Authority: Law, Equity & the Public Health Workforce. We’ll unpack recent challenges to public health authority as well as opportunities to support the workforce in understanding public health law and its impact on health equity. Our panelists will discuss actionable ideas, promising policy interventions, and equitable policymaking strategies to support public health departments’ authority and help public health workers effectively advance health equity for children and families.
- Samantha Bent Weber, acting health equity officer, National Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Public Health Infrastructure and Workforce, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Maggie Davis, director of state health policy, Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
- Adam Snipes, Oklahoma state campaign consultant, Local Solutions Support Center
- Lonias Gilmore, director of health equity and social justice, Big Cities Health Coalition
- Sabrina Adler, vice president of law, ChangeLab Solutions (moderator)
This webinar is part of our virtual engagement series Equity in Action: Policymaking for Community Health.