This collection of videos for public health practitioners provides short introductions to public health law, core concepts for improving population health, and background on current topics. Each video is 7-9 minutes long. Individuals interested in increasing their legal literacy can use the videos separately as informational resources or together as an overview of material that is covered more comprehensively in the Public Health Law Academy’s full-length online trainings.
The collection includes five videos:
- What Is the Scope of Public Health Authority?
- What Types of Laws Can Governmental Agencies Enact and Enforce?
- What Is Preemption? How Does It Affect Public Health?
- What Are the Basic Structure and Functions of Government?
- What Is Legal Epidemiology?
Each of the videos listed below has links to the Public Health Law Academy’s free full-length trainings. The trainings are designed for public health practitioners who do not have formal legal training, so anyone can strengthen their understanding of our legal system and how it affects public health.