Public Health Law Academy Certificate
Deepen your technical skill set with this seven-part program
The Public Health Law Academy’s certificate program provides public health practitioners with foundational training in public health law. The Public Health Law Academy Certificate is awarded upon completion of seven required trainings that provide an introduction to public health law; cover hot topics in public health law such as emergency preparedness law; and offer an introduction to legal epidemiology.
April Hamm, a seasoned public health advocate and entrepreneur who has earned the certificate, says that the Public Health Law Academy program “really helped me to expand my toolbox. I did not go to law school, and even the public health courses that I took were very academic. This gave me some very practical resources and tools that I can use right away, in terms of research and having a framework for both understanding and analyzing [public health policy]."
- Public Health Law: Past and Present
- Structure of Government: Exploring the Fabric and Framework of Public Health Powers
- Preemption and Public Health
- Public Health Threats and the U.S. Constitution: What Responders Need to Know
- Introduction to Legal Epidemiology
- Introduction to Legal Mapping
- Advanced Legal Epidemiology Methods