Are you eager to contribute your administrative expertise to combatting public health inequities in low-income communities and communities of color? ChangeLab Solutions seeks an Administrative Assistant to work closely with our staff members to advance our mission of healthier communities for all through equitable laws and policies. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant performs a diverse range of essential administrative tasks that support our programs and internal operations — including scheduling, meeting preparation, webinar and event coordination, and reporting.
About ChangeLab Solutions
ChangeLab Solutions is a national organization that advances equitable laws and policies to ensure healthy lives for all. We prioritize communities whose residents are at highest risk for poor health. Our multidisciplinary team of lawyers, planners, policy analysts, and other professionals works with state and local governments, advocacy organizations, and anchor institutions to create thriving communities. For more information on how we create healthier communities for all through equitable laws and policies, see www.changelabsolutions.org.
The successful candidate will embody our organization’s core values:
- Collaboration: We create strong working partnerships internally and externally.
- Authenticity: We support bringing one’s whole self to work.
- Excellence: We are passionate about producing high-quality work to advance our mission.
- Innovation: We drive practical and visionary law and policy solutions to public health problems.
- Equity: We believe in a shared vision of health for all.
ChangeLab Solutions’ leadership and staff are committed to centering equity, diversity, and inclusion in our organizational culture, norms, practices, and policies. We are establishing accountability mechanisms at individual, department, and organizational levels. As a staff, we are engaging in conversations on race, power, and intersectional identities. As an organization, we are committing time, resources, and internal capacities to this work. We are eager to hire applicants who are personally dedicated to equity, diversity, and inclusion and who are excited to join an organization where this work is part of the employee experience.
ChangeLab Solutions has a strong commitment to building a staff that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity. Candidates who can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
Staff Support (95%)
- Provide support for staff and vice presidents, including making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, assisting with meeting preparation, taking notes at meetings, and supporting project management
- Assist in managing calendars for vice presidents
- Process monthly expense reports for multiple staff members
- Handle special projects from staff and vice presidents as needed
- Attend team and project meetings
- Work with multiple staff members to coordinate grant and contract reports; enter data and run reports to track and manage deliverables
- Coordinate and deliver technical support for webinars; assist in coordinating events with external partners
Administrative Team Backup (5%)
- As a member of the Administrative team, provide backup support to other team members
- Provide administrative support to Operations Manager as needed
Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in an office setting; nonprofit experience a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and email, and the capacity to quickly learn and master new systems
- Experience in providing administrative support to multiple staff members, including scheduling assistance
- Experience in preparing intricate reports or documents (such as progress reports, grant proposals, or expense reports)
- Customer service skills
Required Personal Attributes
- Ability to collaborate and thrive on multiple dynamic, fluid teams, along with individual initiative and the capacity to work independently
- A high degree of flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Talent for handling multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting
- Cultural humility and deep commitment to our organizational value of equity
- Ability to communicate via phone and email
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ChangeLab Solutions staff will be working remotely from their homes through the end of 2020. Applicants should be comfortable with working from home and with virtual connection programs and practices. In January 2021 or when it is safe, work in our Oakland office will be expected for staff in the Oakland–San Francisco Bay Area (although flexibility to work at home a few days a week will remain).
We will consider applicants from areas of California beyond the Bay Area. Once in-office work resumes, staff outside the Bay Area will remain classified as remote employees and regular travel to the Oakland office for meetings and in-person engagement will be expected.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- Full-time, non-exempt position; hourly pay of $27.40 - $28.84 ($57,000 - $60,000 annual equivalent)
- Great benefits! Medical, dental, vision coverage (ChangeLab Solutions contributes 100% for employees and 50% for dependent premiums.) * Long-term disability insurance * Life insurance * 403(b) plan with 3% employer contribution * Commuter benefits, including $100 monthly public transit subsidy * Flexible spending accounts (dependent care, health care, and transportation)
- Generous paid time off package starting at roughly 4.5 weeks per year, plus 10 holidays and weeklong closure in December
- Office location in the heart of Uptown Oakland
- Work with a talented group of professionals who are committed to a shared mission
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email all required information to firstname.lastname@example.org; please include Administrative Assistant in the subject line of the email.
The following items are required for a complete application packet: cover letter and resume.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted; the position remains open until filled.
No phone calls, please.