Healthier Food for Revitalized Communities
A webinar about bringing healthy food options into redevelopment
Local efforts to rebuild "blighted" neighborhoods offer a prime opportunity to attract grocery stores and other healthy food outlets to the areas that need them most. During this webinar, we discussed how to plug into redevelopment projects to get healthier food options into the plan.
The webinar was cosponsored by the Community Food Security Coalition and the Healthy Corner Stores Network. We would also like to thank our wonderful presenters: Andy Toy, Philadelphia candidate for City Council At-Large; and Cedar Landsman and Clare Fox, Program Coordinators of the Community Market Conversion program in Los Angeles.
A recording of the webinar is available for playback here, and the slides and related resources are available in the download section below. Please note that on May 17, 2012 Public Health Law & Policy (PHLP) became ChangeLab Solutions.
- The Healthy Food Network Discussion Listserv
- Changes in the WIC Food Packages: A Toolkit for Partnering with Neighborhood Stores
- Healthier Communities Through Redevelopment
- Economic Development and Redevelopment: A Toolkit on Land Use and Health
- How to Use Economic Development Resources to Improve Access to Healthy Food
- How to Use Redevelopment to Create Healthier Communities