Get Plugged In
Get Plugged In
A webinar on taking tobacco retailer licensing to the next level
Communities throughout the state are using local licensing ordinances to reduce sales of tobacco products to youth and to combat other public health problems related to tobacco use.
In this webinar, we explore how communities can customize their local licensing ordinances to address emerging tobacco control issues. We discuss ChangeLab Solutions’ new and improved plug-in policies that communities can use to update their licensing ordinances. These policies cover a variety of issues, including tobacco sales near schools, sales of teen-friendly tobacco products such as little cigars, and tobacco retailer density.
Local speakers share their experiences, including efforts to address electronic cigarettes and tobacco sales by pharmacies.
- Meliah Schultzman, JD, Staff Attorney at ChangeLab Solutions
- Derek Smith, MSW, MPH, San Francisco Department of Public Health
- Denice A. Dennis, Tobacco Prevention Project, Contra Costa Health Services
- Model California Ordinance Requiring a Tobacco Retailer License by ChangeLab Solutions
- Policy Provisions for a Tobacco Retailer License by ChangeLab Solutions
- Model Plug-In Policy Options by ChangeLab Solutions
- Model Ordinance Regulating Electronic Smoking Devices by ChangeLab Solutions
- Tobacco Retailer Licensing and Electronic Cigarettes by the Center for Tobacco Policy and Organizing
- Matrix of Strong Tobacco Retailer Licensing Ordinances by the Center for Tobacco Policy and Organizing