About ChangeLab Solutions
ChangeLab Solutions creates innovative laws and policies to ensure everyday health for all, whether that’s providing access to affordable, healthy food and beverages, creating safe opportunities for physical activity, or ensuring the freedom to enjoy smokefree air and clean water. Our solutions address all aspects of a just, vital, and thriving community, like food, housing, child care, schools, transportation, public safety, jobs, and the environment.
ChangeLab Solutions is hiring two Staff Assistants. Reporting to the Operations Manager and working closely with a multitude of staff members, our Staff Assistants are responsible for a diverse range of administrative tasks that support our internal operations. One Staff Assistant position will be dedicated more to programmatic support, while the other position will provide limited administrative support to our fund development work. These tasks must be handled with a high level of thoroughness, efficiency, and follow-through.
ChangeLab Solutions has a strong commitment to building a staff that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
The successful candidate will embody the organization’s core values:
- Collaboration: We create strong working partnerships internally and externally.
- Authenticity: We support bringing one’s whole self to work.
- Excellence: We are passionate about producing high-quality work to advance our shared mission.
- Innovation: We drive both practical and visionary law and policy solutions to public health problems.
- Equity: We believe in a shared vision of health for all.
Program Staff Support (60%)
- Provide support for program staff and vice presidents, including making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, meeting preparation, and note-taking at meetings
- Assist in managing calendars for vice presidents
- Handle special projects from program staff and vice presidents as needed
- Attend team and project meetings
Operations Staff Support (20%)
- Assist program staff in coordinating events with external partners
- Coordinate and deliver technical support for webinars
- Process monthly expense reports for multiple staff members
Reporting and Project Management Support, or Fund Development Support (15%)
- Work with multiple staff members to coordinate grant and contract reports
- Data entry input to manage and track grant and contract deliverables
- Run reports to track deliverables
- Provide project management support to program staff members
The Staff Assistant focused on providing Fund Development Support will also perform the following regular tasks:
- Constituent and report management in our databases
- Run weekly fund development reports
- Manage supporting materials for our proposals and ensure that they are up-to-date
Other Support (5%)
- As a member of the administrative team, provide back-up support to team members
- Provide administrative support to Operations Manager as needed
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in an office setting
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills and the capacity to quickly learn and master new software systems
- Experience in providing administrative support to multiple staff members, including scheduling assistance
- Experience in preparing intricate reports or documents (such as progress reports or grant proposals)
Required Personal Attributes
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to collaborate and thrive on multiple dynamic, fluid teams while also demonstrating individual initiative
- A high degree of flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Talent for handling multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting
- Customer service skills
- Project management skills
- Experience in a nonprofit or academic setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Salsa, or similar database platforms
- Experience in preparing expense reports
- Experience in providing technical support for webinars
- Experience in working with any program in the Adobe Creative Suite
What You'll Get
- Work on a wide variety of projects; never a dull moment
- Fiscally stable organization
- Full-time position; salary range $50,000 - $55,000 per year
- Office location in the heart of Uptown Oakland
- Great benefits: medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; tax-sheltered annuity; commuter benefits; and a flexible benefit plan
- Generous paid time off package
How to apply
Please email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com; include Staff Assistant in the subject line of the email. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The expected start date for both positions is late January to early February 2018.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer.
No phone calls, please.