Resources: Taking the next steps
Joining a board or commission, or simply getting involved as a constituent, can be a great way to forge stronger relationships between local government and health stakeholders. Over time, this can help ensure that healthy policies become the norm.
Here are a few resources from ChangeLab Solutions that provide additional information on how to leverage local policies to create healthier communities. For more information on how to get involved, contact us.
- How to Create and Implement Healthier General Plans
- A Roadmap for Healthier General Plans
- Creating Healthier Suburbs: Tools for Transforming Sprawl into Livable Communities
- Getting to Grocery: Tools for Attracting Healthy Food Retail to Underserved Neighborhoods
- Getting Involved in Regional Transportation Planning: An Overview for Public Health Advocates
- Economic Development & Redevelopment: A toolkit for building healthy, vibrant communities
- Partners for Public Health: Working with Local, State, and Federal Agencies to Create Healthier Communities
This publication was made possible from a grant from Kaiser Permanente.