About ChangeLab Solutions
ChangeLab Solutions creates innovative laws and policies to ensure everyday health for all, whether that’s providing access to affordable, healthy food and beverages, creating safe opportunities for physical activity, or ensuring the freedom to enjoy smokefree air and clean water. Our solutions address all aspects of a just, vital, and thriving community, like food, housing, child care, schools, transportation, public safety, jobs, and the environment.
The Executive Assistant’s primary duty is to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the CEO’s work flow. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks that further the work of our CEO, from managing her calendar and travel to coordinating organizational governance by our board of directors to communications and event management. This position also provides administrative support to our Chief of Staff.
The successful candidate will embody the organization’s core values:
- Collaboration: We create strong working partnerships internally and externally.
- Authenticity: We support bringing one’s whole self to work.
- Excellence: We are passionate about producing high-quality work to advance our shared mission.
- Innovation: We drive both practical and visionary law and policy solutions to public health problems.
- Equity: We believe in a shared vision of health for all.
Support for CEO and Chief of Staff
- Manage scheduling for CEO and Chief of Staff
- Provide full support for CEO, including booking travel arrangements, meeting preparation, expense reporting, data entry, note-taking, and special projects
- Provide administrative support and handle special projects from Chief of Staff as needed
- Proactively meet the needs of CEO and Chief of Staff
Board of Directors
- In partnership with CEO, coordinate annual board retreats and calls, board recruitment, board committee calls, preparing and mailing board materials, and updating our board book (which contains the organization’s legal documents)
- Support board committee chairs as needed
- Coordinate annual board retreats
- Coordinate internal meetings with CEO and ChangeLab staff for visiting external partners
- As a member of the administrative team, provide backup support to team members
- Provide administrative support to Operations Manager as needed
ChangeLab Solutions has a strong commitment to building a staff that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent judgment
- Superb phone and email skills, to deal cordially and effectively with a wide range of contacts outside the organization
- Strong computer skills and the capacity to quickly learn and master new software systems
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail and accuracy
Required Personal Attributes
- Patience and diplomacy
- Ability to take initiative, inspire confidence, and establish trust with colleagues
- Talent for handling multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to act with requisite discretion
- Ability to set, communicate about, and motivate staff to meet deadlines
- Ability to function on a team smoothly and collaboratively while also showing individual initiative
- Prior success in an executive assistant role
- Experience in a nonprofit or academic setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficiency in Salesforce or a similar database platform
- Experience in preparing expense reports
- Experience with social media outreach
- Experience in providing technical support for webinars
What You'll Get
- Work on a wide variety of projects; never a dull moment
- Fiscally stable organization
- Full-time position; salary range $55,000 - $60,000 per year
- Office location in the heart of Uptown Oakland
- Great benefits: medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; tax-sheltered annuity; commuter benefits; and a flexible benefit plan
- Generous paid time off package
How to apply
To apply for the Executive Assistant position, please email a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org; include Executive Assistant in the subject line of the email. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted; the position remains open until filled.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer.
No phone calls, please.