About ChangeLab Solutions
ChangeLab Solutions is a nonprofit organization that creates innovative laws and policies to ensure everyday health for all, whether that’s providing access to affordable, healthy food and beverages, creating safe opportunities for physical activity, or ensuring the freedom to enjoy smokefree air and clean water. Our solutions address all aspects of a just, vital, and thriving community, like food, housing, child care, schools, transportation, public safety, jobs, and the environment.
The Administrative Associate is responsible for supporting processes to ensure that projects are launched, implemented, and completed on time, on budget, and in compliance with regulations and contract terms. This position requires accurate, timely processing and communication of a variety of project information. As a member of the Finance team, the Administrative Associate will assist the Project Systems Manager with the preparation, monitoring, and updating of project budgets and work plans, monthly project reports, and forecasts of project activity.
- Support the provision of accurate project data to project managers and organizational management
- Support project launches, status updates, and close-outs
- Assist the finance team in successful execution of government grants with respect to scopes of work, proposals, reports, and compliance
- Provide administrative support for project management initiatives related to process and systems development
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook (experience with Salesforce is a plus)
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with experience in recording accurate meeting notes and proofreading spreadsheets
- Experience in working with data systems (e.g., time tracking, CRMs)
- Experience with outcomes tracking and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years' work experience. Relevant work experience may be substituted for a formal degree.
Required Personal Attributes
- Team player who is willing to support and collaborate with others
- Ability to communicate well with staff across the organization
- Extremely detail-oriented with a talent for handling multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Competence in working with basic financial information and concepts
- Ability to follow and document current and developing processes
- The successful candidate will embody the organization’s core values:
- Collaboration: We create strong working partnerships internally and externally.
- Authenticity: We support bringing one’s whole self to work.
- Excellence: We are passionate about producing high-quality work to advance our shared mission.
- Innovation: We drive both practical and visionary law and policy solutions to public health problems.
- Equity: We believe in a shared vision of health for all.
ChangeLab Solutions has a strong commitment to building a staff that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths and experiences in this area.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- Work with a group of professionals who are committed to a shared mission
- Fiscally stable organization
- Office location in the heart of Uptown Oakland
- Funds for training and professional development
- Telecommute policy
- Great benefits: medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; tax-sheltered annuity retirement plan; commuter benefits; and flexible spending account
- Generous paid time off package
- Full-time position; salary range $52K – $58K per year
How to apply
Please email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Please include Administrative Associate in the subject line of the e-mail.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE